Since starting Skinny Mom’s Kitchen I have learned so much from the community that has emerged through this site. Everything from delicious recipes, cooking techniques, and many how-to tips have been shared in the comments, on the facebook page, and in personal emails sent to me.
Now I would like to give you another outlet to share by inviting you to guest post on Skinny Mom’s Kitchen.
I am currently accepting guest posts on the following topics:
- Healthy recipes. Recipes should be simple to prepare and have minimal if any processed ingredients along with instructions on making ahead of time and freeze if appropriate. Nutritional information is helpful but not required (I can figure that out).
- Practical cooking tips or techniques to help busy parents fit healthy eating into their schedule.
- Personal healthy living/ or weight loss success stories. Stories that include gimmick or fad diets will not be accepted.
- Other ideas? Take a look around Skinny Mom’s Kitchen and if you have a great idea for a guest post then contact me with your idea. I am open to any quality well written post that you think would add value to Skinny Mom’s Kitchen readers.
Guest post guidelines:
- First and foremost I will only accept guest post from active members of the SMK community. This means in order to be considered for a guest post you should be leaving comments on the blog, hanging out and chatting on the facebook page or pinterest page, or sending me tweets every now and then. Basically, I want to make sure you have a true interest in this community. It is important to me for that this site to be driven by the readers that helped build it.
- I do not accept guest post from companies or businesses. If you want to work with me then contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I will go over all the many options we can work together.
- Submission of your guest post does not guarantee publication. I will personally review submissions and if I feel it is a good fit for my readers it will be published.
- Posts should be original. However, you can use a recipe that you have posted somewhere else though I ask you update it with a Skinny Mom’s Kitchen twist. Nothing should be a cut and paste job.
- Please limit your post to 500-700 words and use lists, bullets, and short paragraphs as much as possible. Also, please send picture(s) if it is a recipe post.
- Correct all grammar and spelling before sending. Posts with excessive editing will not be accepted.
- Include a bio with a link back to your website, FB page, pinterest, and another other social media outlet if applicable.
- I reserve the right to edit posts as I deem appropriate.
Posts that follow these guidelines are more likely to be published. Please note the purpose of these guidelines is not to micromanage your writing but to keep the guest posting process organized and simple.
Once your guest post gets accepted, and depending on the number already accepted, it can take up to 2 months for your post to be published. I will contact you 1-2 days before it goes live. I do my best to contact you within 7 – 10 days letting you know whether or not I accepted your post.
Ready to submit a guest post to Skinny Mom’s Kitchen? Great! Send your post for review to email@example.com. In subject line please put “recipe guest post”, “tips and technique guest post”, “success story guest post”, or other guest post ideas in the subject line.
Do not send the post as a word document, html file, or anything like that. Just type it in an email and send it.
- Your first name. If you want to include your last name you can.
- Short bio
- Blog name and url is applicable.
- Post title
- Post body
- Attach any pictures is you have them. Pictures are required only for recipe posts.
Look forward to having you contribute at Skinny Mom’s Kitchen!