I don’t usually make dessert at home – which is why you don’t find many located in my recipes. It’s not that I don’t like dessert because believe me I do. It just if I added desserts to my weekly recipe rotation, more than likely, this website would no longer be called Skinny Mom’s Kitchen…just sayin. Most of my dessert eating is saved for special occasions or when we go out to dinner.
This past weekend was considered a special occasion in my book. On Sunday I spent 5-6 hours preparing foods for the next couple weeks and by 3:00pm I was ready to sit down, put my feet up, and indulge in a delectable dessert. I should clarify that by dessert I mean chocolate. In my opinion, there is nothing more satisfying than a bowl of something ooey, gooey, and chocolaty.
Since I spent a good part of my morning and afternoon cooking I needed something quick and easy to throw together – the last thing I wanted to do was have to cook one more thing. I also needed a tasty treat that would not break the bank on calories nor cancel out my exercise for the week.
These mocha pudding cup sundaes did the trick at only 286 calories each!
I was contacted to create a recipe using International Delight Light Iced Coffee. If you know me then you know I have a serious weak spot for international delight and coffee; plus I love putting together recipes so I was excited for the opportunity. I was wracking my brain trying to figure out what to make, but on Sunday it all became clear! Mocha pudding sundae cups! It is amazing what 5 hours on your feet in the kitchen will do to you.
I kept this recipe simple using instant chocolate pudding, International Delight Light Iced Coffee, a few chocolate wafers cookies, a little whip cream, and topped it off with a sprinkle of cookies and walnuts. Come to mama!
This was so good and tasted even better because it has been so long since I ate something like this. It was the perfect break in my day! A break that did not last very long– but it was good while it lasted.
For more information on International Delight Light Ice Coffee check out their Facebook page. There you will find games, coupons, recipes, and more.
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups International Delight Light Iced Coffee Mocha
- 1 cup crushed chocolate wafers cookies
- ¼ chopped walnuts
- Whipped topping
- In medium to large bowl whisk together packet of instant chocolate pudding and 2 cups International Light Iced Coffee Mocha for 2 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes until lightly set. If you have time put it in the refrigerator for about ½ hour.
- While the pudding is setting crush about 15 chocolate wafer cookers. Remove ¼ cup of the cookie crumbles and set aside.
- After the pudding sets mix in the cookie crumbles (minus the ¼ cup).
- Divide pudding mixture among 5 bowls. Top each bowl with ¼ cup or so of whipped topping. Sprinkle the remainder of the cookies crumbs and walnuts among each pudding cup. Sit back and enjoy!
With less calories and less sugar, International Delight Light Iced Coffee lets you enjoy MORE of what you love! For more fun ways to break up your day, visit ID’s new online games today for a chance to win sweet prizes and coupons to use on your next purchase!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.