Sorry my menu plan is a little late this week. To be honest, I almost did not put one together but I knew I would be kicking myself in a few days if I decided to wing it rather than plan. These last couple weekends have been a whirlwind of activity. First, last week was my husband’s 40th birthday party and yesterday we celebrated my daughters 8th birthday. So needless to say I have not been doing much cooking ahead of time for meals during the week and we have been eating an embarrassing amount of leftovers.
Now with the parties behind us I am ready to get my freezer stock again with healthy clean meals. Of course I work during the week so I can’t do much until Saturday but I will be working on a plan over the next couple days.
Until I can go grocery shopping and get meals put together we will be eating what little we have on hand in the pantry and freezer. Surprisingly I found an organic strip steak, fresh Italian sausage, and organic bacon in the freezer so it won’t be all beans and rice Hubs will be very happy!
Eggs and toast
Make ahead tips
- I am going to make a loaf of honey wheat bread tomorrow night.
- extra pancakes will be made for dinner this week
- oatmeal is easy enough to make in the morning
Turkey and ham stromboli
yogurt and frozen berries
Make ahead tips
- stromboli’s were made last week and are in the freezer.
Make Ahead tips
- Steak salad will be prepared the night off.
- Italian sausage will be made the night off. roasted tomatoes are in the freezer and rice will be made tonight.
- last batch of chicken tortilla soup, pizza dough, and sauce are all in the freezer.
That is my menu plan for the week. Make sure to check the SMK facebook page later in the week and this weekend as I start to post pictures for my freezer cooking extravaganza!