If you haven’t noticed already pizza is one of my favorite foods. I love it so much that if I was stranded on an island and could only bring one food with me I am pretty sure it would pizza.
One of my favorite varieties is Greek pizza. The saltiness of the olives and feta mixing with the sweet red onion and earthiness of the artichokes boldly flavor this pizza crust.
Ordering this pizza from a restaurant would be off limits because of the high calorie and fat content. The average take-out slice clocks in at around 500 calories. However, when you make this at home you are able to enjoy all the rich flavors without the guilt because each slice is only 283 calories.
- Pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil infused with 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 1 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 10 calamata olives, seeded
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Stretch pizza dough onto 12 inch pizza pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Using a spoon or pastry brush spread olive oil and garlic over the crust.
- Spread mozzarella and feta cheese over crust then add artichoke hearts, onions, and olives.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes.
- Let sit for 3-5 minutes then cut into 8 slices.
Other pizza recipes: